Accidental house fire began in bedroom

Fire & Rescue

Fire & Rescue

0
Have your say

On New Year’s Eve crews were called to a house fire in Walsingham Close, Luton.

The fire service received a call at 1.44pm and when they arrived eight minutes later they found a small fire in a first floor rear bedroom.

They wore breathing apparatus to protect themselves from fumes and smoke and used a fire hose to quickly extinguish the fire.

They then used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the building.

The incident was closed at 2.13pm. There were no casualties and the fire was started accidentally.