Church hall damaged in blaze

Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze
Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze

A kitchen at a Luton church has been damaged following a fire on Saturday.

Fire crews were called to Sacred Heart Church hall in Ashcroft Road at 6.52pm.

Using two breathing apparatus and a hose reel they quickly extinguished the fire before using Positive Pressure Ventilation to clear smoke from the building.

The fire, which started accidentally, left 10% of the building damaged and there were no casualties.