Exclusive: Teen handed restraining order after sexually assaulting pupil at Luton school

The assault took place at school in Luton (stock photo)
The assault took place at school in Luton (stock photo)

A schoolboy who pushed a fellow pupil into a bathroom and sexually assaulted her has been handed a restraining order.

Following the attack, which occurred at a secondary school in Luton last December, the 15-year-old was reported to the police and removed from the school.

On Tuesday magistrates sitting in Luton Youth Court were told that on the morning of the incident the boy spotted the girl alone in a corridor and called out her name.

Jane Casson, prosecuting, said that the boy then put his arms out to block her path and told her: “If you want to go past you need to give me a hug”.

After the girl refused he then grabbed her buttocks, picked her up and hugged her, before pushing her into a nearby toilet block.

Ms Casson told the court: “He put his arms on the exit door and she began walking backwards away from it.

“She came up against a wall and it is said he touched her breasts and bottom.”

Magistrates were told that as the girl managed to leave the toilets the boy quipped: “I guess we will do it again next week then”.

In a victim impact statement the girl said that the attack left her “very scared”.

It read: “I know he had been watching me for about two days before the incident and I feel like I was very vulnerable and it could have been more serious.”

After the matter was reported to a teacher the school held an inquiry and called the police a week later.

When interviewed by officers the boy said he gave the girl a “normal hug” but “didn’t know” how they ended up in the bathroom.

He denied touching her breasts but admitted groping her bottom.

In mitigation Mizan Abdulrouf said that the boy is “extremely embarrassed with what he has done”.

Mr Abdulrouf added: “He said it is a mistake that will hopefully never happen again.

“He is utterly disgusted with his behaviour.”

At an earlier hearing the boy pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault but changed his plea to guilty on Tuesday.

Magistrates handed down a 12 month restraining order preventing him from contacting the girl.

He was also given a 10 month referral order and ordered to pay £250 compensation to the victim.