A man was punched in the face during an attempted robbery on Wednesday.
The 42-year-old was walking in Dunstable Road opposite Nadeem Plaza at about 3pm when three teenagers approached him.
They demanded cash then punched him in the face and shouted more demands.
The victim managed to get away and the offenders ran from the scene empty-handed.
Two of the offenders are described as being boys of Asian appearance, 14 and 15 years old, and the third is described as black.
Call Det Con Richard Cunningham on 01582 394373 with information.
Bedfordshire Police often records an increase in robberies as winter sets in and would like to remind people who are out and about to take extra care and follow some useful crime reduction advice to help keep you and your property safe:
• Keep mobile phones, money or any items of value out of sight so as not to attract a potential robber’s attention.
• Avoid walking in dark areas with insufficient lighting.
• Avoid walking whilst texting or talking to prevent drawing attention to your phone.
• If someone suspicious approaches you, try and cross the road or walk away to limit your chances of being involved in a confrontation.
• Pay attention to someone approaching you from behind.
• If an offence is committed try and remember what the offender looks like so police have a good description of their face and clothes, then contact the police immediately.
• Register your mobile, MP3 player or iPod on www.immobilise.com in order to discourage theft and increase security. The web site allows the public to register their mobile phone FREE, on the National Mobile Phone Register. The register is a searchable, national police database that many forces have already assimilated in to their core investigative procedures.
• Consider downloading a tracker app on your smart phones to help police locate
your phone should it be stolen.