Fiesty Luton burns survivor Shamiam Arif has received a glowing annual report from Foxdell Junior School.
Teachers said she was a pleasure to teach, a role model to other children and a popular member of her class,
Her proud parents Mohammed and Tahira shared the news with the Herald&Post and said they were thrilled that their courageous little girl had done so well, in spite of the serious injuries she suffered when a candle fell in her cot when she was a baby.
The 10-year-old tomboy has to wear a helmet to protect her delicate skull which was burned to the lining of her brain. She also lost both hands as a result of the blaze.
Shamiam’s class teacher praised her positive ‘can do ‘ attitude and the fact that she takes part in all lessons.
She said: “She loves to learn and always hands in her homework on time.
“She has a wonderful group of friends and is making great progress in maths, ICT and French.”
Shamiam faces major surgery early next year when she will have a titanium plate fitted in her head at Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital.