DCSIMG

Luton semi in fire

MHBG-17-01-13 Fire GV 2

Fire 
Firemen 
Fire service
Fire sign
Fire logo
Fire engine ENGEMN00120140122105952

MHBG-17-01-13 Fire GV 2 Fire Firemen Fire service Fire sign Fire logo Fire engine ENGEMN00120140122105952

 

Fire destroyed the first floor of a semi-detached house in Runley Road, Luton, yesterday (March 9).

One fire engine from Stopsley and one from Luton fought the blaze which is thought to have started in a bedroom.

An aerial platform was also used and the Red Cross were called to help the elderly occupant who was not injured.

Next door neighbour Hameed Kahn, 40, said he and his wife were woken by people shouting in the street about 8.30am.

“There was lots of noise and smoke,” he said. “We were told to evacuate our home and didn’t get back in until midday.

“We were told it was an electrical fault that had caused the problem.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page