A MAN suffered 50 per cent burns in an accident at a workshop in Tingrith yesterday morning (Monday, October 15).
Fire crews were called to the furniture workshop at Tythe Barn, Wood End, Tingrith just after 8am.
A second man suffered burns to his hands trying to help the victim, who is understood to have been in his 60s.
A spokesman for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue said: “It appears there was an accident involving a wood-burning stove.
“The man’s colleague suffered burns to his hands helping him and trying to put out the fire.”