Candidates for the Farley by-election on March 13 have been confirmed.
The by-election is for one of Farley’s three seats on the authority, and the elected councillor will serve until May 2015, when the whole Council is up for election.
The statement of persons nominated is as follows:
* Paul Castleman, 10 Osborne Road, Luton LU1 5HJ – Labour Party candidate
* David Thomas Coulter, 37 Bosmore Road, Limbury Mead, Luton LU3 2TR – Conservative Party candidate
* Charles Samuel Lawman, 16 Lawford Close, Luton LU1 5ST – UK Independence Party (UKIP)
* Anne Mead, 95 Butely Road, Luton LU4 9EW – Liberal Democrats
* Marc Scheimann, 39a Stockwood Crescent, Luton LU1 3SS – Green Party
At full strength Luton Borough Council has 48 members representing 19 wards, and there are currently 35 Labour, eight Liberal Democrat and four Conservative councillors.
A full list of addresses in the Farley ward, and the appropriate polling station where electors can vote, is also available on the Council’s website, search ‘Farley by-election 2014’.