TV fault the cause of devastating Luton house fire

News

News

0
Have your say

A woman was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation after a house fire in Luton.

Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the house in Anmer Gardens at 23.36 on Friday, September 11, after residents were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.

Two fire engines arrived eight minutes later, finding the fire in a first floor bedroom of the semi-detached house.

Firefighters assisted the woman out of the house and gave her oxygen before she was passed into the care of an ambulance who took her to hospital.

The fire involved 25% of the property and caused smoke damage to 100% of it. It is understood it was caused by an electric fault in a television and the incident was closed at 00.28 (12 September).