Vacant Luton house is wrecked by fire

News

News

0
Have your say

An empty house in Luton was wrecked by a fire last night – with nearly a quarter of the building destroyed.

Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue received a call at 23.39 on July 30 about a fire at Lansdowne Road.

When firefighters arrived minutes later, they found the fire raging in the ground floor of the two-storey detached house.

The building is understood to have been vacant at the time and there were no casualties.

By midnight, the fire was extinguished. Around 25% of the ground floor was damaged by fire, with 100% of the building damaged by smoke.

Firefighters stayed on scene for a short time damping down the site of the fire. The incident was closed at 00.09.