Outline plans for Luton Town FC’s new stadium and a mixed-use development off M1 J10a will be submitted at the end of June, club chief executive Gary Sweet has confirmed.
Since revealing shortly before Christmas that the club plans to build a new ground at Power Court, Mr Sweet and Hatters executives have been working through the finer details of their proposals.
On Saturday, Mr Sweet confirmed that quick progress on both developments means that the club will now be able to submit outline planning applications at the end of next month, while an eight-day public consultation roadshow will kick off next week to give fans an intimate look at how the plans are shaping up.
The consultation roadshow will start in the Eric Morecambe Lounge, Kenilworth Road, on May 21 and 22.
It will then go to Venue Central, Leagrave Road, on May 23, 24 and 25, before concluding at the Hat Factory, Bute Street, on May 26, 27 and 28.
Addressing Hatters fans, Mr Sweet said: “(The consultation) gives you an opportuniy to discover everything about the schemes at Power Court and Newlands Park, to ask questions of us and our consultants, to suggest changes and to identify how they will have an impact on the regeneration of your club and town.
“Importantly this consultation period will also give you an opportunity to support our planned developments and be involved in our regeneration.”
Last month Mr Sweet unveiled a 3D model of the proposed Power Court stadium at the launch of Luton Borough Council’s investment framework programme in London.
He said: “Since we launched our 3D models and further images of the schemes the feedback has been incredibly positive with negligible negativity.”
The club chief executive added: “We are now closer to building a new home for our club than we have been for almost 60 years, when it was first envisaged that a relocation was needed to match the ambition and potential of the club and the town.”
> For more information about the roadshow log on to www.2020developments.co.uk