Witnesses ‘know who pulled the trigger’ on Paul Foster

Delaney Brown holding a picture of  Paul Foster wk 15 bc PNL-140904-132004001
Delaney Brown holding a picture of Paul Foster wk 15 bc PNL-140904-132004001

The family of murdered father Paul Foster have admitted “the despair is greater” a year after his death, with police no closer to finding his killer.

The married 46-year-old was gunned down after leaving a friend’s home in Brunel Road, Lewsey Farm, on April 9 2013– with the shooter and weapon yet to be found.

Over the last 12 months police have arrested three people on suspicion of murder, but all have been released after questioning.

Detectives have pulled together intelligence but believe that a ‘no snitching’ culture has prevented witnesses from coming forward to help with enquiries, despite police protection and a £10,000 reward for information still on offer.

Paul’s family have urged witnesses to follow the example of those who helped investigations into the murder of Lewsey Farm teen Delaney Brown, whose killer Kyle Beckford was convicted in May and will serve a minimum of 24 years in jail.

Paul’s wife Mandy said: “The family are of the opinion that there are several people within this community who are aware of what happened to Paul that night but have chosen not speak to the police because of the no snitching culture.

“I plead that you consider Paul’s family, especially his children. Think of their anguish, the heartache and pain, the unanswered questions and indescribable grief, without knowing why this has happened.”

“Paul’s children, family, friends and community desperately need the perpetrators of this horrendous crime to be held accountable for what they have done.”

At the time of Paul’s death a number of people were “in and around” the Brunel Road address and the 46-year-old was taken to hospital by men described as “friends or associates”.

Last year detective superintendent Jeff Hill said these people “must have been told exactly what had occurred and been provided with details of who was responsible”.

Yesterday detective inspector Sam Khanna added that those who do not come forward should “know it is your lack of action that prevents your community from being a safer place.”

Delaney Brown Snr, uncle of Delaney Jnr and step father of Mandy, admitted the “the despair is greater” as the killer has not been brought to justice.

He said: “There are several people in the community who know who pulled the trigger so we are appealing directly to them. They do not have to be in fear of reprisals as their identity will not come out.”

“We are very close but then very far from the truth being disclosed. We know the cycle can be broken as it did with Kyle Beckford.”

Mr Brown remembered Paul as “someone who had a past with the police”, but turned his life around after moving to Luton in 2003.

He said: “Paul became a Christian, got married and moved to Luton to start a new life. He was a man who loved working with young people, he had a studio and would take young men off the street and try to get them recording contracts.

“He had also just registered a new building company and was going to make a real go of his talent agency. He was cut down in his prime.

“Paul had three brilliant children who are coping. We are encouraging his 21-year-old son to continue his legacy.”

If you have any information you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or Beds Police on 101.