The distraught parents of a little girl who was stillborn say they are still “disappointed and in the dark” about how their daughter died.
Mohammed Amin, 43, and Mousomi Shabnam, 29, of Biscot Road had been expecting to hear preliminary post mortem reports on baby Aanha Beg when they met with Luton&Dunstable Hospital officials.
But process operator Mr Amin said: “They left is in a stressful situation because they have delayed the internal investigation and full post mortem results, so our baby’s death is still unexplained.”
The couple told the Luton News they blame the hospital for the death of their daughter on November 11.
They claim Mousomi was sent home when she initially arrived at the maternity unit, and when she returned several hours later, staff ignored her increasingly desperate pleas for help as her baby had stopped moving.
Aanha was stillborn on November 10.
The Amins attended a meeting with head of midwifery Trish Ryan, clinical risk manager Eleanor Mirzaians and the clinical director of obstetrics and gynaecology, Dr Bright Gyampoh.
Mr Amin said: “Dr Bright informed me baby Aanha was completely healthy, according to provisional post mortem reports. I was told there would be an investigation into the patient safety procedure which would take a minimum of one month. But I was told after our baby died this had already been started, so why is it taking so long?”
An L&D spokeswoman said: “The hospital is awaiting the full results of the post mortem and the report of the
internal investigation into the case of baby Aanha. It will be available to the parents when it is complete.
“Hospital staff continue to be in direct contact with the baby’s parents to keep them fully informed.”