IN PICTURES: Dunstable Town hammer Arlesey

Share this article

A stunning first half display saw Dunstable Town romp to a 5-1 victory over Arlesey Town in the Southern League Premier Division on Tuesday night.

The Blues led 4-0 at the break and although only added one in the second period, still ran out handsome winners.

Charlie Henry celebrates his goal

Charlie Henry celebrates his goal

After Saturday’s draw at Paulton Rovers, Chris Marsh and Nick Beasant returned to the side and it was Marsh who set up the opening goal on two minutes, for Charlie Henry to score.

It was 2-0 moments later when a corner was half cleared and Steven Gregory hammered past Alex Tokarczyk from distance.

On the quarter hour mark, recent signing Gary Mulligan notched his first goal for the club, after a canny assist from the the ubiquitous Henry.

The marvellous Marsh was then brought down in the area and after a spot of gamesmenship from Tokarczyk, Ben Herd fired home the resulting spot kick with glee.

Leading 4-0 with just 25 minutes gone, Dunstable were eager for more goals as Lee Roache headed over.

Arlesey started to threaten sporadically as Mark Gallagher shot wastefully wide.

In the second period, Beasant fired against the keepers legs, while Scott Davies and Marsh also had efforts saved.

Tokarczyk continued to impress, blocking from Davies and then Herd while also collecting Hutton’s low shot.

Late on, Arlesey had the chance to gain a consolation when Blues keeper Luke Chambers was adjudged to have fouled in the area.

Dean Mason stepped up to convert smartly, but Dunstable still weren’t finished.

With time running out, Jemale McKenzie-Lowe saw his firm header saved, while Davies’ cracking effort flew wide.

McKenzie-Lowe did get the goal he warranted late on, after some fine individual play, to complete the rout.

Blues are at home to Chesham United in the FA Cup first round qualifying on Saturday.

To view photographer Liam Smith’s gallery from the game, click on the link above.