Luton’s singing star Mia Sylvester goes back into battle on BBC1’s The Voice this Saturday.
The 28-year-old electrician will be shown vying for a spot in the next round of the talent show after already overcoming the blind auditions stage which was screened last month.
Mia, of Limbury, will compete in a Battle Round duel with fellow contestant Janine Dyer as she bids to keep her place on coach Ricky Wilson’s team.
The pair will perform a song chosen by Ricky and immediately afterwards the Kaiser Chief’s star has to pick which artist he’ll take through to the next stage.
At this point the other coaches are also given the chance to ‘steal’ the losing artist for their team.
Mia told the H&P that Saturday’s show was actually filmed back in November.
At being paired with Janine, she admitted: “We are really good friends and had been going out to dinner together. If I could have picked one person I didn’t want to be paired with it would have been her. She is a professional singer and is amazing. ”
Despite the competitive nature of the Battle Round, Mia added she and Janine were advised to cooperate with the performance.
She said: “I was advised to be more confident on stage and work together, treat it more like a duet than a battle.”
Although sworn to secrecy on the outcome, the former Lea Manor High School pupil said: “It’s a really big performance and the coaches were happy with it.”
And she added that she was keen to put Luton on the map for a positive reason through her success on the show.
“This battle is dedicated to Luton town,” she said. “It is something positive to come out of Luton, instead of the negatives which seem to be highlighted all the time.”