Two hurt after grill catches fire

Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze
Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze

Two people were slightly injured after a kitchen grill caught fire at a Luton flat.

Firefighters were called to Heswall Court, Bailey Street, Luton on Tuesday evening.

The fire was out on arrival and two people were treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters and paramedics gave medical assistance to the casualties.

Twenty five per cent of the kitchen was damaged by the fire and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used Positive Pressure Ventilation to clear smoke from the flat.