Two people have been rescued after a fire on the fifth floor of a blockof flats today.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called today at 10.45am to a fire at Five Springs Court, Wauluds Bank Drive, Luton.
Firefighters from Luton, Stopsley and Dunstable Community Fire Stations were sent to the incident together with the Luton Aerial Platform. When they arrived seven minutes later they found there was a fire on a fifth floor balcony.
Using breathing apparatus to protect themselves against fumes and smoke they used a fire jet and a covering jet to fight the fire which was extinguished by 11.12am.
Two people were led to safety and Fire Control kept in touch with an occupant of the affected flat during the incident giving them advice and keeping fire crews aware of the their status.
Crews are, at this time, still on the scene damping down and assisting with salvaging.