LOAN WATCH: Isted keeps a clean sheet as Stones go second in National League

Stopper helps Wealdstone make it five league wins in a row
Hatters keeper Harry IstedHatters keeper Harry Isted
Hatters keeper Harry Isted

Luton goalkeeper Harry Isted kept his second successive clean sheet as Wealdstone won 1-0 at nine-man FC Halifax Town on Tuesday night to climb up to second in the National League.

The visitors were handed a numerical advantage early on, when Jeff King was sent off following a heavy tackle on Jacob Mendy after just three minutes.

Halifax had the best opportunity of the first half though, Isted making a brilliant reaction save to tip Neill Byrne's close-range effort behind.

Both managers were then sent to the stands just before the break, before the Shaymen saw red again, Danny Williams dismissed for his second yellow on 78 minutes.

The Stones finally made the most of their two extra men, Moses Emmanuel's cross headed out by Luke Summerfield but only to Danny Parish on the edge of the area who smashed home and ensure Wealdstone won their fifth league game in a row.

Isted had picked up his first shut out in the league this season on Saturday when Wealdstone defeated Altrincham 1-0 at Grosvenor Vale.

In the second period, Isted was called into action to collect Tom Peers' effort, but with 66 minutes gone, the Stones won it, ex-Town striker Ross Lafayette's attempt blocked and Moses Emmanuel netting the rebound.

Defender Peter Kioso had 90 minutes as Bolton Wanderers were knocked out of the FA Cup with a 3-2 first round defeat at home to Crewe Alexandra on Saturday.

The visitors took the lead on 29 minutes when Mickael Mandron steered home from close range, however the Trotters levelled eight minutes before the break through Nathan Delfouneso.

After the break, Kioso's fine cross was cleared by Perry Ng, but the Railwaymen regained their lead on 70 minutes when Oli Finney found the net from a narrow angle.

It was 3-1 just five minutes later when Charlie Kirk stabbed home from close range, before Delfouneso quickly grabbed his second of the afternoon to set up an exciting finale.

Kioso headed over whilst under pressure from Antoni Sarcevic’s deep cross as Bolton were knocked out at the first attempt.

Midfielder Andrew Shinnie wasn't involved in either Charlton Athletic match this week, the 1-0 FA Cup defeat at home to Plymouth Argyle on Saturday and the 3-1 Papa John's Trophy victory against Leyton Orient on Tuesday night.