Dunstable fall to defeat at Dorchester

Vences Bola on the attack for Dunstable at Dorchester on Saturday
Vences Bola on the attack for Dunstable at Dorchester on Saturday

Evo Stik Southern League Premier Division: Dorchester Town 2 Dunstable Town 0

Defensive errors were to prove costly as Dunstable Town fell to a 2-0 defeat at Dorchester Town on Saturday.

Jack Green on the ball for Dunstable

Jack Green on the ball for Dunstable

The hosts, came into the game on the back of five successive defeats, but Blues, who had new signing from St Albans City, Kane Pope, on the bench, were without Danny Green, although welcomed back Zack Reynolds and Kelvin Bossman.

In the first half, Dunstable started well, with Vences Bola’s pace always a threat, while the hosts threatened sporadically, Tom Blair heading across goal.

Danny Talbot’s free kick was headed over his own bar by Jason Brookes’ before Dorchester had the lead in stoppage time when Adam Pepera was dispossessed by Ollie Bassett, who fired into the bottom corner.

In the second period, Shane Bush saw his header gathered by Shane Murphy, while Bossman couldn’t make the most of his opportunity either.

The visitors were then denied by the woodwork as Bola’s effort crashed against the underside of the bar and out again, while Talbot’s fierce drive was excellently saved by Murphy.

As Dunstable’s pressure mounted, Bola had a shot blocked, and they were made to pay in injury time when Ollie Mehew popped up to make it 2-0.

Dunstable host Kettering Town on Tuesday and visit Cirencester at the weekend.

Dorchester: Shane Murphy, Jason Brookes, Neil Martin, Jon Vance, Nathan Walker ©, Gary Bowles (Ollie Bassett), Tom Blair, (Ollie Mehew), Matt Oldring, Lewis Powell (Ben Wood), Franklyn Clarke, Jordan Williams.

Subs not used: Owen Nicholson, Ollie Davis.

Dunstable: Jack Smith, Zack Reynolds, Gedeon Okito, Danny Talbot, Bradley Hewitt, Adam Pepera (C), Nathan Olukanmi, Shane Bush, Vences Bola, Kelvin Bossman (David Longe-King), Jack Green.

Subs not used: Jordan Odofin, Kane Pope, Tony Fontenelle, Jamie Head.

Referee- Iain Parsons.

Star man: Danny Talbot.

Attendance: 412.