It operated as a cinema, variety theatre, ballroom and bingo hall.
The venue opened in 1912 and at one time had 1,150 seats.
The name was changed to the Gaumont in 1949, but the cinema closed in October 1961, reopening 12 months later as the Majestic Ballroom, incorporating Top Rank Bingo and Social Club.
The first of three concerts in Luton by the Beatles was held at the Majestic on April 17, 1963.
A fire destroyed the building in December 1982 and the site is now occupied by offices.